Google Crisis Response seeks to make critical information more accessible around natural disasters and humanitarian crises.
Google Crisis Response makes critical information more accessible around natural disasters and humanitarian crises such as hurricanes and earthquakes. This initiative is a project of Google.org, which uses Google's strengths in information and technology to build products and advocate for policies that address global challenges.
The types of activities we might initiate include:
- Organizing emergency alerts, news updates and donation opportunities, and making this information visible through our web properties
- Building engineering tools that enable better communication and collaboration among crisis responders and among victims such as Person Finder and Resource Finder
- Providing updated satellite imagery and maps of affected areas to illustrate infrastructure damage and help relief organizations navigate disaster zones
- Supporting the rebuilding of network infrastructure where it has been damaged to enable access to the Internet
- Donating to charitable organizations that are providing direct relief on-the-ground